A driver’s obligationsObligations of driver
I. Driver of motor vehicle shall:
• keep driving license (power of attorney confirmed based on the rule of driving motor vehicle in case of absence of driver, or certificate on corporate ownership of motor vehicle), special reference substituting driving license in case of appropriation of driving license by certain executive body of the Republic of Azerbaijan on a defined basis, vehicle registration certificate, especial permission or route form in case of use of motor vehicles for commercial purposes, and documents on carried loads;
• submit documents indicated in the paragraph № 1 of the first part of this article to an employee of certain executive body of the Azerbaijan Republic when stopped by that employee for verification, and leave car if required;
• verify the good condition of motor vehicle before travel in accordance with the appendix № 1 of this Law on putting of motor vehicles into operation, and provide it throughout the way;
• steer motor vehicle in a speed not exceeding the fixed limit by taking into account traffic, features of motor vehicle and load;
• warn other drivers with the help of light signals, and hand signs in the lack or out-of-tune of such light signals when manoeuvring in the change of traffic strip, turning, passing, beginning to move, and stopping;
• fasten safety-belt and provide the fastening of safety-belts of passengers when driving a car supplied with such belts (children under 12, drivers moving back, pregnant, trainer of a person learning driving, and in addition, drivers and passengers of operative motor vehicles in a populated area are allowed to move without safety-belts), while in a motorbike, button up crash helmet, and provide the fastening of crash helmets of passengers;
• stop, and give way to an operative motor vehicle with a red or blue twinkling light signal, and giving special sound signal;
• not drive a motor vehicle under the effect of drugs lingering the attention and mobility, ailing and fatigued condition, and not give a motor vehicle to a person under such conditions, or not holding a right to drive the same category motor car;
• in case of existence of water or mud in the road, try not to spat pedestrians, buildings and other motor cars;
• insure the clearance of license plate for its visibility;
• take all possible measures to provide the safety of the most defenseless participants of traffic i.e. children, disabled, cyclists and old people, and immediately stop motor vehicle by the signal (by means of raising white handstick) of blind pedestrian crossing the way;
• stop the motor vehicle by an employee of certain executive body of the Azerbaijan Republic with horizontal club in right hand, or red or blue twinkling light, and special sound signal of a car of that employee;
• pass from medical examination for the check of drunkenness due to the use of alcohol, drugs, psychotropic substances and their analogue, or other strong-effect matters with the requirement of officers of certain executive bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
• pass from medical examination in certain conditions for the verification of ability to drive a motor vehicle;
• carry persons in need of first aid.
II. Owner of motor vehicle lacking certain documents fixed by this article is responsible on the basis of the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
III. Motor vehicles shall
• be submitted to medicals in the same direction going for rendering first aid;
• officers of certain executive bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan for the transportation of motor vehicles damaged as a result of traffic accident or unfitness (only vans), for arriving at natural disaster spots, as well as under other urgent situations indicated in the legislation in force.
• requirement of submittal of motor vehicle for the purposes intended in the third part of this article does not concern motor vehicles belonging to diplomatic corps and other persons;
• persons making use of motor vehicle shall give reference by indicating distance, distance period, his/her surname, function, number of official card, name of organization with the requirement of driver, or take notes in road form, while medicals shall give reference of fixed sample to driver;
• expenses on the submittal of motor vehicle to officers of certain executive bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall be paid by those bodies with the requirement of vehicle owner on the established basis.
IV. In the event of road accident, driver of motor vehicle shall:
• not move motor vehicle, set up accident stop sign, switch on accident light signal, or place twinkling red light, and not change the place of concerned items;
• take all possible measures for rendering first aid to the injured, call "First Aid" car, send the injured under vital danger to medical institution with a motor car in that direction, otherwise with own car, inform his/her surname, license plate of motor vehicle by submitting Identity Card and vehicle registration certificate, and return to accident place;
• in case of impossibility of other motor vehicle, empty traffic. If it is required to empty traffic or take the injured to hospital in his\her own motor car, record firstly condition of motor vehicle with the presence of eye-witnesses, tracks and concerned things, and take all possible measures for the arrangement of their maintenance, and passing of motor vehicles along accident place;
• notify certain executive body of the Azerbaijan Republic, write surname, address of eye-witnesses, and wait for officers of certain executive bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
• In case there is no injury as a result of road accident, material damage is insignificant, there is no unfitness for motor vehicles, and accident perpetrators come to an agreement in the evaluation of accident condition, they shall come to certain executive body of the Republic of Azerbaijan for documentation of accident on the established basis after the signing of accident diagram.
V. Driver of motor vehicle is prohibited to:
• move motor vehicle with open doors, or open the doors in its motion;
• have a talk possible to distract driving, speak on the telephone at the wheel;
• leave the rudder, steer with inertia the motor vehicle with an engine turned off;
• drive a car with mud and etc. possible to litter up the road cover in its tires or hull, or leak of fuel lubricants, chemical substances, construction and other materials, in improved roads.
VI. Driver of motor vehicle in international traffic shall:
• keep vehicle registration certificate, driving license and documents on carried loads;
• hold license plate of the country registered the motor vehicle, along with the insignia.
Responsibility for the violation of traffic rules based on the amendments and appendices to some legislative acts of the Republic of Azerbaijan
"151.4.", "152-1.1." and "152-1.2." shall be added to the article № 28.3.; articles № 151 and 152 shall be given in the following formulation:
Article № 151. Breach of traffic rules by drivers of motor vehicles
Articles of IXM Breaches of rule Amount of fine based on İXM Penalty point
151.1. for passing the speed limit of 10-30 km/hr AZN 15 to AZN 20
for not keeping the requirements of road signs or movement parts of roads
Placement of motor vehicles in movement parts of roads
Passing through pedestrian crossings
Stopping and standing
Misuse of light devices
Misuse of light signals
Misuse of safety-belts
Breach of rules of use of crash helmets
Violation of rules of driving training
Leaving anything off motor vehicles
151.2. Passing speed limit in 30-60 km/hr AZN 20 to 40 3 points
Continuing the movement when prohibitory sign of traffic light or regulator is given
3.1 Breach of requirement of road sign of "No entry"
3.2 Breach of requirement of road sign of "No movement"
Violation of rule of passenger transportation
Breach of rule of outdrive
Crossing an intersection
Entry of general purpose motor vehicles, as well as passenger transportation vans into filling stations
Not giving way to motor vehicles giving special sound, red or blue twinkling light signal with the right of passing preponderance
Passing to traffic strip of opposite direction transport flows not observing 1.1, 1.3 and 1.11 horizontal signing lines
151.3. Passing speed limit in 60 km/hr AZN 40 to AZN 60 4 points
Breach of rules of passing railway-crossings
Making occurrence of accidental condition, wrong deeds forcing change of speed and direction of other traffic participators
Distraction from traffic accident place
Ignoring the demand of officer of certain executive body of the Republic of Azerbaijan to stop the motor vehicle
151.4. Drivers with wrong deeds estimated with the penalty points defined in the articles № 151.2, 151.3, and 156 of this Code, for 10 and more penalty points, are limited to drive a motor vehicle for a year.
151.5. Drivers with errors indicated in the articles № 151.1., and 151.3. of this Code, for inflicting slight bodily injury or damage on the injured are fined in an amount of hundred to one hundred fortyfold (AZN 110 to AZN 154) of conditional monetary unit, or limited to drive a motor vehicle for a year.
NB: Breach of rules indicated in the article № 151.2 and 151.3 of this Code is estimated with 3 and 4 penalty points respectively.
Article 152. Drive of motor vehicles by persons not reserving the right to do so
152.1. Drive of motor vehicle without the right to do so, or entrusting of motor vehicle by person with the right of driving to person lacking the right of driving, or driving of motor car without a warrant (except the conditions in which person with the right of driving is in a motor vehicle) is fined with two to twentyfold of conditional monetary unit.
152.2. Driving of motor vehicle without the right of driving in drunken condition of use of alcohol, drugs or other materials with strong effect is fined with fifteen to thirtyfold of conditional monetary unit.
152.3. Repeating of errors indicated in the articles № 152.1 and 152.2 of this Code by person received an official reproof during a year, is fined with twenty to thirty fivefold of conditional monetary unit.
152.4. Errors indicated in the articles № 152.1 and 152.2 of this Code resulted with slight bodily injury on the injured is fined with thirty to fortyfold of conditional monetary unit.
152.5. Errors indicated in the articles № 152.1 and 152.2 of this Code resulted with damage on the injured is fined with twenty five to fortyfold of conditional monetary unit.
Article 155. Breach of rules of use of motor vehicles by drivers
155.1. Breach of rules of use of motor vehicles by drivers, i.e.:
155.1.1. moving motor vehicle with open doors or opening doors in motion;
155.1.2. having a talk possible to distract driving;
155.1.3. speaking on the telephone at the wheel in motion;
155.1.4. leaving the rudder in motion, driving a motor vehicle with an engine switched off in inertia;
155.1.5. deliberately spatting water or mud to pedestrians, buildings and motor vehicles;
155.1.6. driving a car with mud and etc. possible to litter up the road cover in its tires or hull, or leak of fuel lubricants, chemical substances, construction and other materials, in improved roads;
155.1.7. not keeping license plate of motor vehicle in motion clear for its visibility;
155.1.8. not stopping a motor vehicle by the signal of blind pedestrian crossing the way;
155.1.9. not submitting vans to officers of certain executive bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan for carrying damaged motor car or going to natural disaster spots as a result of traffic accidents or unfitness of motor vehicle, or under other urgent situations intended based on the legislative act is fined with three to fivefold of conditional monetary unit.
155.2. Violation of requirements of technical condition of motor vehicles by drivers, i.e.:
155.2.1. utilization of motor vehicle with brake system or rudder gear, external light devices or front glass dusters and glass washers, wheels and tire-covers, engine, other design elements not in order which is impossible to eliminate;
155.2.2. change of equipment by breaking normative requirements;
155.2.3. disorder of total weight and distribution of this weight on axles, centre of gravity, wheel base or tire formula, or making changes causing the replacement of brake and rudder system, or driving motor vehicles with unfit brake system and rudder gear;
155.2.4. supplying motor vehicles with special sound (loud-voiced) or twinkling light signals, or antiradar impeding speed measurement or work of measuring instruments, or painting diagrams of operative services defined for motor vehicles without special permission is fined with three to eightfold of conditional monetary unit.
155.3. Lacking license plates or one of them, driving of motor vehicle with fake or non-standard license plates is fined with fifteen to twentyfold of conditional monetary unit.
155.4. Errors indicated in the articles № 155.1.1., 155.1.6., 155.1.8., 155.2.1 and 155.2.3. of this Code resulted with slight bodily injury on the injured is fined with ten to fifteenfold of conditional monetary unit, or right of driving of motor vehicle is limited from one to two years.
155.5. Errors indicated in the articles № 155.1.1, 155.1.6., 155.1.8., 155.2.1., and 155.2.3. of this Code resulted with damage on the injured is fined with ten to fifteenfold of conditional monetary unit, or right of driving motor vehicle is limited from one to two years.
NB: Errors indicated in the article № 155.3. of this Code are estimated with 4 penalty points.
Article 156. Rejection of driver of motor vehicle to pass medical examination for check of drunkenness
Refusal of driver of motor vehicle to pass medical examination for check of drunkenness is fined with fifteen to twenty fivefold of conditional monetary unit.
NB: Error indicated in this article is estimated with 5 penalty points.
Article 156-1 Driving of motor vehicles by drivers not passed a medical inspection
Driving of motor vehicles by drivers not passed a medical examination in accordance with the rules of legislation is fined with ten to thirtyfold of conditional monetary unit.
Article 157. Non-insurance of civil liability by owner of motor vehicle before third person
Driving of motor vehicle by its owner without insuring civil liability before third person is fined with fivefold of conditional monetary unit.
Article 158. Breach of rules of parking and repairment of motor vehicles
158.1. For parking of motor vehicles in an unallowed parking lots, or breaking of parking rules a warning is given, or fine is imposed in an amount of three to fivefold of conditional monetary unit.
158.2. For breaking the rules of receiving motor vehicles for parking or parking itself, placeholders and juridical persons are imposed a fine in an amount of 40 to 60, and 100 to 150fold respectively of conditional monetary unit.
158.3. Taking motor vehicles with damaged hull to maintenance without permission of certain executive body of the Republic of Azerbaijan, a fine is imposed in an amount of 30 to 70fold of conditional monetary unit.
Article 159 Breach of rules of carrying hazardous loads in motor vehicles
For breach of rules of carrying hazardous loads in motor vehicles, natural persons and officeholders are imposed a fine in an amount of 10 to 20, and 40 to 60fold respectively of conditional monetary unit.